Saturday 14 September 2013

Another reason why I keep writing this blog!

Wading through a mountain of emails and found this from a hard working campaigner in a South East constituency

"You've done such a good job with West Kent.
 
My own constituency is a complete shambles. I can't even begin to tell you how moribund they are - I've just started them on monthly district-wide canvassing sessions, with our first session this morning. These are a huge culture shock as in the words of their Council Leader, "we only knock on doors during the election campaign as otherwise we have better things to do".
 
One councillor emailed me to inform me that: "I said from the start that I would not go out canvassing and I'm afraid, although I don't want to let you down as I know you are putting so much effort into this, that even you will not persuade me to do so. I have discussed this with the other members of our Branch and there was no support there either."
 
Heart-breaking!
 
Thanks for the encouragement your blog has given."

No comments:

Post a Comment