Saturday 1 March 2014

A share of the Goulash !

Last November I blogged that I had joined a 'collective' which is trying to buy Soho's wonderful Gay Hussar restaurant. It is a strange collection of Lefties - with Iain Dale, Lord Ashcroft and me flying the flag for the Right! 

See: http://votingandboating.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-goulash-collective-count-me-in.html

At the moment the directors are still negotiating with the Japanese investment company which owns Corus Hotels, who presently own the lease and operate the restaurant. It's a slow process.

Today, however, our share certificate arrived; and what a delight it is! Unlike most formal share certificates, this one is a special commissioned and signed Martin Rowson cartoon (Martin's cartoons of the leading politicians of the 20th Century adorn the restaurant's walls). I suspect the certificate will become a collectors' item in its own right regardless of the success of our venture!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment