Tuesday 22 April 2014

One swallow does not a summer make, but does 47 Kents make an election?

Almost there - just one outstanding set of papers and we will have a full slate of candidates successfully nominated. 

This  particular RO is different to the other I deal with, insofar as every 'i' had to be dotted and every 't' crossed. I quite admire such attention to detail, but it did catch me by surprise as it's something I have not experienced before. Now I understand what they want, I will try to ensure we meet their standards next time. 

Therefore, my heart sank when the RO appeared with all the papers I has previously submitted - each with dozens of yellow post-it notes attached, highlighting sections needing attention or correction. "How could I have got so much wrong?" I thought, my heart sinking. 

OK - first off can you please change Rd to Road - here, and here and here and here and here..... And initial each one.  And here you have Suite Three and here you have Office Three  - can you change it here, and here and here....and initial each one. 

Now, on this Appointment of Election Agent form it has your address as Manor Lane but on this one it's Manor Ln. Please change Ln to Lane here, and here and here and here. And initial each one.... 

And on this form you refer to your office as West Kent Conservative Campaign HQ but here it's West Kent Conservative Campaign Headquarters, please change it here, and here, and here, and here....and initial each one. 

Now we need to address the Kents. 

I looked, wide eyed. 

Apparently Rochester ME1 3HS was insufficient. It had to read Rochester, Kent ME1 3HS. and here, and here, and here, and here (47 times).  

"You're missing a lot of Kents" said the RO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment