Friday 5 June 2015

Something for the weekend

I have found one of those harmless gadgets which do the rounds on social media, this one allows you to enter your own (or someone else's) twitter name and it brings up their first ever tweet. Needless to say I have frittered away two hours looking up my friends' first steps in the world of Twitter. 

Here, for a bit of weekend fun, are the first Tweets from West Kent's finest political minds. 

For those interested here is a link to the DISCOVER YOUR FIRST TWEET site.  

I will start the ball rolling with my own first effort on 18 January 2010. For those who don't remember, David Cameron (then leader of the Opposition) made a faux pas on live radio when he said, "too many tweets make a tw*t". Never one to allow an opportunity to make a tw*t of myself pass by, I immediately signed-up.


And here is West Kent Group and Tunbridge Wells Association Chairman William Rutherford's first effort at dipping his Twitter toes in the water. It was fascinating stuff:

  to which I replied...


Our MPs were also "early adoptors". First off the ground was Tracey Crouch




followed a year later by Greg Clark - with his very own "blue tick of authenticity"



Then along came Tom Tugendhat


For the record, I did search in vain for Sir John Stanley's first Tweet, but I can only assume his Social Media Adviser deleted his account when he retired. 

Kent Area Chairman Andrew Mackness lost his Twitter virginity on 1 March 2012 with a grateful Tweet to Alan Collins for helping him set-up his account. I suspect this was the last time Mr Mackness said anything nice about Alan Collins who subsequently defected to UKIP!


Talking of local Chairmen, here is Maidstone's John Wilson



And finally, back to West Kent Towers with the first Tweet of our very own Matt Boughton who happily admitted that he didn't have a clue what was going on. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!




No comments:

Post a Comment