Thursday 8 October 2015

A target even they couldn't miss

Now I am back home and on safer ground, I am happy to admit one of the protesters at Manchester actually managed to hit a nerve. 

As I left the conference hall for the last time on Wednesday I walked through a barrage of "not welcome here" "Tory scum" and "shame on you" - but the bulls eye hit came from an angry red faced woman in rainbow poncho who caught my eye and shrieked, 


"look at this one - he's obviously never had to miss a meal in his life." 

Ouch! 

I considered telling her that I came from a single parent family, brought up in a Merseyside sink-estate council flat and got to the size I am by an over-indulgence of hard work which finances my gluttony, but decided I would just take one for the team. 


No comments:

Post a Comment