I have no idea yet what is driving this, Is it...
- Pro Brexit people joining as we delivered the referendum
- Pro Remain people angry at the outcome and trying to change the party's direction
- Former UKIP members returning to the fold
- People hoping to participate in the leadership election
- Or perhaps just an increase in awareness following the campaign
I will be writing to all the new joiners on Monday to thank them for their support and at the same time I will send them an online survey to try and ascertain why they joined. Many local agents and organisers have contacted me aboiut a membership recruitment campaign, and knowledge of what is driving this interest might be useful ib hiw we approach recruitment in the weeks ahead.
I will publish details on this blog as soon as I have something of interest to share.