Thursday 15 September 2016

A smart new leaflet design from West Kent Towers

At West Kent Towers we are always looking for new and innovative ways to do things. I dread the day I come into the office and find myself "dusting down" what I did last year and hearing myself say, "Oh, that's good enough".  Because good enough never is (who said that?)

A few weeks ago I was looking at a complicated fold on the instructions about how to install a new toner cartridge into the printer, and thought "we could use that for an election leaflet". Having driven Cllr Paperclips mad by scattering my aborted attempts at origami all over the office floor, I finally worked out exactly what I wanted. I then drove our long suffering graphic designer mad by taking a piles of paper covered with my illegible scribblings and asking her to turn it into a smart template, which could be personalised for each candidate on one side with a common reverse. 

And here is the finished product!

My thanks also to our print partner, Jason Allen at D A Printers Ltd in Rochester, who also helped with the design and spent many hours working out the precise folding dimensions!        
I have just heard from CCHQ to ask if I would send them to InDesign files so it can be loaded onto Blueprint - which of course I am happy to do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment